KV004 - KENYA - SOUTHERN NATIONAL PARKS & ORPHAN ELEPHANT
8 Days safari - 3 nights camping 4 nights lodge. Several short walks with local guides
Our newest safari visits a Masai Community area with exceptional landscape: Lake Magadi the famous pink soda lake where hugo flocks of flamingos feed in the warm waters. From Amboseli to Tsavo East & West National Parks you have the opportunity to visit the largest wildlife sanctuaries of Kenya as well as viewing the wildlife against the dramatic backdrop of the Mt. Kilimanjaro. Our last visit is a unique opportunity to spend time amongst a small herd of young elephants as they are being rehabilitated into the wilds of the park, feeding them & walking together at close quarters.
- Day 1 & 2 Shompole Group Ranch/Lake Magadi.Loisiijo Lodge Shompole
- Day 3 & 4 Amboseli National Park. Camping
- Day 5 Tsavo West National Park. Camping
- Day 6 & 7 Tsavo East National Park. Ithumba Lodge
- Day 8 Return Nairobi
Day 1 and 2 SHOMPOLE GROUP RANCH/LAKE MAGADI Lodge. FB. Crossing the causeway of Lake Magadi we see thousands of flamingoes against the pink alkaline waters, as well as many other birds. Visit the Community Wildlife Conservation area for a game drive & walk along the giant fig tree lined riverbanks which is home to many monkeys & birds as well as leopard. Night at Loisiijo Community Lodge FB
Day 3 and 4 AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK CAMPING FB. Crossing Lake Magadi in the early morning light, we head south to Amboseli National Park. Afternoon game viewing in the park with Kilimanjaro towering in the background.
Day 5 TSAVO WEST NATIONAL PARK CAMPING FB One of the largest game parks in Kenya and with a multitude of diverse ecosystems. We visit Mzima Springs where hippos wallow in the huge pool of fresh spring water and then onto Rhino Valley where all the plains game, large & small can be found grazing amongst the trees.
Day 6 and 7 TSAVO EAST NATIONAL PARK ITHUMBA LODGE FB The northern region of Tsavo East is the base of Sheldrick's elephant release program. Here you have the unique experience to participate in the daily activities of the orphaned elephants, as they are habituated into the wild & introduced to the other wild elephants of this region. Early morning elephants feeding time, mid morning bath time & the day spent walking through the bush lands grazing & feeding. You can spend the entire day following the elephants activities & take some time out for a game drive during the day. Night at Ithumba Lodge on exclusive basis.
Day 8 RETURN TO NAIROBI After the last early morning elephant feed & watching them bathing in the swamp, we say our farewells to these gentle giants & head on the road back to Nairobi arriving in the afternoon.
FAMILY FRIENDLY SAFARI SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN FROM 8 YRS
|LOW SEASON||March/April(Exept Easter week end)* May*/June*/Nov*/1 to 20 December|
|MID SEASON||Jan/Feb/1 to 7 July/27 August to end of Sept/October/Easter week end|
|HIGH SEASON||8 July to 26 August/20 Dec to 4 January|
* Beware of rain
- Transport in 4WD safari vehicle with roof hatches for game viewing;
- Experienced driver-guide and cook;
- Full board except meals in Nairobi;
- 2 Nights at Loisiijo Lodge Shompole;
- 2 Nights at Ithumba Camp;
- Fee to become an Elephant Foster Parent;
- Treated drinking water;
- All camping equipment including tables, chairs, igloo-type tents, mattress, bush toilet & shower;
- Fee to become an Elephant foster parent for 12 months.
- Drinks, sleeping bag, personal torch and personal toiletries. (all these can be provided on request)
- Tips & items of a personal nature, ie. laundry etc.